Does your business site mean business?
It is 2015, and by now most contractors and freelancers can appreciate the importance of a slick, professional website. After all, your website is often the public face of your business and the first thing any prospective client sees when interacting with your service.
That said, many of our contractor and freelancing clients are not taking advantage of the opportunities that a great website can afford. Have you been neglecting your website? Here is a brief list of points that you must consider when maintaining your site.
- Bold, clear calls to action – Don’t be shy – this is your chance to grab your clients’ attention. Tell them why you are the best, provide examples of what you can do and clearly ask for their business.
- Attractive design – The look and design of your site is key – if your webpage does not appear professional, responsive, intuitive and appropriately branded you will lose dubious clients to slicker websites. If you are in doubt about your own abilities to design your site to par, consider hiring your own freelancer to help.
- Search engine optimised (SEO) – Search engines such as Google are pivotal when it comes to clients being able to find you – and hire you. In order to make sure that you rank as highly as possible on search engines, you need to ensure that your site is optimised appropriately with keywords, regularly updated content and backlinks. As with the above, consider hiring an expert to assist you with this important task – you can be penalised for doing this incorrectly.
- Mobile responsive – Many people are conducting their daily tasks and errands on their personal gadgets – your site needs to be optimised for all platforms, including mobile phones, laptops and tablets.
- Collect email addresses – If you are new to contracting or freelancing, your greatest resource is your prospective clients – offer a bonus, discount or other incentive when one signs up for your newsletter online.
Got all the above in place?…Great! Now it’s time to ensure you have an accountant who buy’s into your vision, and can help you grow.
Getting to know each client and their business gives BI Accountancy an insight into your future plans and can help us advise you most efficiently.
You may also be interested in…
February 20, 2024
February 12, 2024
February 7, 2024